BREMF Live! Applications
BREMF Live! is now closed for applications and we have selected our 2023/24 ensembles. The information below is included for information only.
Look out for details of our 2024/25 opportunities which will be published here in March 2024.
About BREMF Live!
BREMF Live! is much more than a performance opportunity. Participants are supported throughout the year with advice, mentoring and training opportunities, and are very much part of the Festival family.
BREMF Live! participants benefit from a year of mentoring and training sessions on vital topics; a live showcase performance and informal clubnight gig in Brighton PLUS a digital showcase; and training and delivery of a day of workshops for primary schools.
CLICK HERE for full details of the 2023/24 scheme.
Guidelines for Applicants
- The scheme runs from June 2023 to March 2024, with a performance showcase and informal club gig in Brighton on Saturday 21 October 2023, so your ensemble must be available on this date.
- The size of ensemble we can take is generally limited to 2 – 6 musicians with an early music specialism (from medieval to early romantic), including instrumental, vocal and mixed ensembles.
- We don’t specify an age range but the scheme is for young musicians at the early stages of a professional career. Generally we would expect most participants to be either final year or postgraduate students, or to have graduated within the last three years.
- There are many opportunities to get involved throughout the year, so BREMF Live! is most suitable for participants who are based primarily in the UK, although some of the online training opportunities will also be open to interested groups from mainland Europe.
- Paid elements of the scheme include an afternoon showcase, followed by evening clubnight in Brighton on 21 October 2023 (paid at £250 per musician); and a day of schools workshops in February/March 2024 – (paid at £200 per musician). These fees are inclusive of travel and expenses.
- Read on below for how to apply.
How to Apply
- Send your application to Cathy Boyes, Festival Producer at email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 12 May 2023.
- Include a biography of your ensemble, as well as the individual members, including details of how long you have been playing together and any notable performances. Include an ensemble photo if you have one.
- Please indicate who will be the main contact for your ensemble, but also include email and phone contact details for the other members.
- You should also send a video of your ensemble performing – via a private YouTube or Google drive link and not a file by WeTransfer.
- Shortlisted ensembles will be invited to audition in London on Monday 22 May 2023. Please include details of your availability on this date.