BREMF is acutely aware of the climate crisis and always seeks to minimise the Festival’s impact on the environment where possible.
Initiatives adopted include:
- Choosing eco inks and recycled paper for our printed materials, and printing as few copies as possible to minimise waste
- Using washable rather than disposable glasses, and compostable cups, plates and cutlery at BREMF catered events
- Recycling paper, cardboard and glass after all events
- Encouraging our performers and audience to travel sustainably by making sure all our venues can be reached on public transport and making it easy for audiences to find information about bus and train travel to venues
- Arranging meetings and training sessions over Zoom to avoid unnecessary staff travel