BREMF 415 Baroque Workshop Orchestra
We are delighted to announce the return of live workshops (depending on the restrictions being lifted on 17 May). The first live workshop will be on 24 May. Until then we have one more zoom session on 3 May details below.
Concerto in your Kitchen!
Or wherever your best signal happens to be… Calling all enthusiastic baroque instrumentalists, wherever in the world you are, to come and join an exciting new series of Zoom workshops which will be run by baroque violinist Julia Bishop on the following dates:
3 May 2021 – Bach Orchestra Suite No. 4 BWV 1069
Other dates may follow depending on restrictions and demand
20:00 – 21:00 GMT
Fee £10 per session*
Julia will be choosing movements from the repertoire above and we will have an opportunity to work on repertoire from this glorious musical era, with exercises and phrases to try. It’s also a lovely way to say hello and keep in touch with other enthusiasts to discuss what we love most!
Subscribe by registering here
We will then send you a Zoom invitation and links to the music files.
PLEASE NOTE that this workshop will be pitched at A=415 Hz so only suitable for those with appropriate wind instruments, or strings tuned down to this pitch.
* full payment still required for non-urgent last minute cancellations
Julia Bishop - Director
Affiliated to BREMF, our new baroque workshop orchestra (BREMF 415) is led by Julia Bishop, known to BREMF audiences through her performances in Red Priest.
BREMF 415 is taking place online on Zoom until 24 May when we intend to return to live workshops (restrictions permitting)
- Instruments at A=415 Hz pitch
- Rehearsals take place on Mondays once a month, 7pm to 9.30pm with a short break
- Located at The Church of the Holy Cross, 2 Downsview, Woodingdean, BN2 6BD
- There is car parking at the church and it is easily accessible by bus
- Fees per session £15 to be paid by cash or cheque on the day (£20 if fewer than 10 people)
- Casual cancellations payable if less than 48 hours’ notice given
- Music provided by Julia
- Please bring a music stand and a flask of something hot to drink if you would like