BREMF 415 Baroque Workshop Orchestra
Concerto in your Kitchen!
Or wherever your best signal happens to be… Calling all enthusiastic Baroque instrumentalists, wherever in the world you are, to come and join an exciting new series of Zoom workshops which will be run by Baroque violinist Julia Bishop on the last Monday of each month at GMT
20:00 – 21:00, fee £10.
Starting on October 26th with several dance movements from Rameau’s Les Indes Galantes, this is an opportunity to work on repertoire from this glorious musical era, with exercises and phrases to try and a play-through with recording at the end (all muted). It’s also a lovely way to say hello and keep in touch with other enthusiasts to discuss what we love most!
Subscribe by registering here
We will then send you a zoom invitation and links to the music files.
PLEASE NOTE that this workshop will be pitched at A415 so only suitable for those with appropriate wind instruments, or strings tuned down to this pitch.
Hope to see you!
Julia Bishop - Director
Affiliated to BREMF, our new baroque workshop orchestra (Bremf 415) is led by Julia Bishop, known to BREMF audiences through her performances in Red Priest.
- Instruments at A=415 Hz pitch.
- Rehearsals take place on Mondays once a month, 7pm to 9.30pm with a short break.
- Located at The Church of the Holy Cross, 2 Downsview, Woodingdean, BN2 6BD.
- There is car parking at the church and it is easily accessible by bus.
- Fees per session £15 to be paid by cash or cheque on the day.
(Please note we will have to charge £20 if fewer than 10 people).
- Casual cancellations payable if less than 48 hours’ notice given.
- Julia will provide the music.
- Please bring music stands and a flask of something hot to drink if you would like.