BREMF Community Choir (BrCC)
Affiliated to BREMF, the BREMF Community Choir is non-auditioned, meets weekly and is open to all. It offers a high degree of vocal and choral training and covers a wide repertoire of early music.
Photos by Robert Piwko and Patrick Ribeiro [IG: @patrickoptics]
Andrew Robinson - Director
BREMF Community Choir is an enthusiastic and friendly group dedicated to studying and performing a wide range of repertoire from medieval through to classical periods, as well as traditional and folk music from around the world. Activities include:
- Regular weekly meetings on a Thursday evening in central Brighton
- Learning to read music/improve sight reading
- Workshops with visiting experts
- Invitations and reduced price tickets to selected workshops promoted by BREMF
- Regular performances including participation in concerts promoted by BREMF
- Singing tours abroad
In the 2019 Festival, the choir featured in BREMF’s large scale Festival final which re-imagined the medieval Feast of Fools. They have since performed with Joglaresa in October 2021 & June 2022, and will appear as part of The Whispering Dome on 15 October 2023.